Genesis 50:20


Genesis 50:20 - You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Battle For Mosul

Preface:  I wrote this while I was in Mosul in 2010 in Nineveh.  Now with the Battle of Mosul raging I thought it was again appropriate.


The glamor gone, the days go on and the rain, the ground does drench
Cool morning walks, 3 and one half blocks, to the gym's stuffy smelly stench.
But the run is great, makes me appreciate, the time I have on my hands.
Though the mud is deep, it makes good clay, for me to be in the potters plan.

Ancient town, now I'm in, the town where Jonah saw
His deep disdain just melt away after heeding heavens call.
Now today, 5 times a day, Islamic tongues now low
And conflict raises in my heart as it did in Jonah's soul

Why do they want to kill each other, like animals they prowl
And proclaim, "In Allah's Name" but instead the demons growl
But God is great and back then he gave compassion unto Jonah
And still today He loves all those that live in the mud of Nineveh

No comments:

Post a Comment