Genesis 50:20


Genesis 50:20 - You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Battle Rhythm


The roar of helicopters and planes go by unnoticed, and the ¾ mile walk to the DFAC seems right next door. Morning meeting and workout schedules are set. The new normal has come. And yet every day there seems to be one, two, or a few things that make one realize that this is not normal. Back home, when I left the house, I just left the house. Now when I leave, I need to keep in mind, “How fast could I get back if I needed to,” or “will they be able to find me if a mass cal came in?”
This morning was punctuated by two separate explosions shaking the CHU’s. Each time an explosion is heard, it seems one has to make a decision, “Will I let the enemy defeat my spirit, or will I live victoriously?” Victory itself takes on a whole new meaning here. Last Sunday I went to a new church service. One of the scriptures that was read dealt with God knowing our coming and our going. Here when you go outside “the wire”, your life is at stake. So as we all recited that God knows our coming and going, we were affirming that God would be in control of our very lives while we lay everything on the line. The Bible is very much a survival guide here.
I am still of the conviction that I, like David as he faced Goliath, am a servant of the most high God who upholds my right hand and triumphs over my enemies. Whom shall I fear!

No comments:

Post a Comment