Genesis 50:20


Genesis 50:20 - You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.

Monday, December 26, 2011

Seasons Greatings

Hey there everyone!

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who have sent me care packages for Christmas. The weather had been bad recently so a lot of the mail had got stuck in Kandahar, but today I got a bunch of boxes from friends and family. Its like a late Christmas. I was busy in my room this morning opening all these boxes filled with thoughtful gifts and cards. I love you all.

Christmas here was good. I tried to pack as much in as I could. I played the piano and sang at the Christmas Eve service at the Chapel (see the pic below). I stayed up all night on Christmas Eve and manned the TOC so that the people who normally do could have a night off. I called home. Then the next morning (Christmas Day), again I played for the praise and worship team for both the 11 AM service and the 9AM Service and I preached at the 11 AM service. Then I crashed for a few hours. Then I woke up and manned the TOC again all night on Christmas night. Needless to say, by Monday morning I was exausted. But I felt that I had given all I could so that Christmas could be special even in Afghanistan.

Merry Christmas everyone and may God bless all of us as we seek His will this coming year.

1 comment:

  1. Eric! You are the Man! I hope our package was among the ones that came in. Let us know about who was requesting help for that little girl. We love you and are soooooo proud of you! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete