Genesis 50:20


Genesis 50:20 - You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Even in Kuwait

If ever there is a sign that the world is getting smaller it is this: a Starbucks on deployment. It is hard for me to admit it but I can't have everybody back home thinking things are terrible for me here. I can get a cup of Starbucks coffee every day if I want to.

As much as I like the sympathy from everyone back home feeling sorry for their brave soldier way out in the desert, at least for now, it's not as bad as it could be. Yes I do sleep in a cot, and yes, I use a port-a-potty for nature's call, but at least I can sit in a Starbucks with that familiar smell of fresh brewed coffee wafting through the air while skyping with my precious wife and child via wifi...Thank God for technology...What would Richard Swenson say to this scenario?

No comments:

Post a Comment