Genesis 50:20


Genesis 50:20 - You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Team Assembled



We are definitely hear and now we are in action having gone to the OR twice. It is an interesting dynamic knowin that you will be staying and living with all the people that you work with for the next 6 - 12 months. It doesn't take much to make or break a reputation. Word travels fast. There is no disguising who you are. The only true privacy is on the toilet...even there you have to bring your rifle. Above is a picture of the anaesthesia providers and me and the guy on the end is my roomate John. He's an allergist who is still searching for the reason that the army sent him to a war zone....perhaps to stomp combat allergy out where ever it may hide.




Also sometimes it feels like your private time on the port-a-john is truncated by the others waiting to have there time too.

2 comments:

  1. Eric, is that some kind of joke? Are there really that many people waiting in line for the potty? That's pathetic! You would think in a Cash Hospital there is an indoor bathtroom with flushable toilets and various stalls. Thanks for posting things like this... it gives a real sense of life and the little things that we in the states take for granted. Like going to the bathroom without a rifle. BTW I hit a bullseye the other day with our bbgun rifle in the backyard! Dan agrees I'm a pretty good shot... maybe we can all go shooting when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry Christy, but it was a bit of trick photography. We were all standing in line to exchange our body armor plates in a building just on the other side of the portajohns. So when I came around the corner and saw the line, I thought, "this would make a great picture." I am here in Mosul and we do have plenty of flushing toilets and even warm showers....all public of course. Nontheless, at that camp where the picture was taken, we had very spartan facilities. I Love you guys and would love to call you if you would e mail me your unlisted home phone number.

    ReplyDelete